2 x 3 days advanced trauma teaching seminar to understand the unintelligible in human (inter-)action
Dissociation is tricky business, for the affected, and people around them. The phenomenon is difficult to understand. The indications subtle. The symptoms almost uncontrollable. Often it goes unrecognized, but people are judged as weird, strange, or difficult to understand.
Structural dissociation of the personality is a common and normal response to traumatic overwhelm in complex (developmental) trauma. It results in a disintegration of inner experience, perception modes, and sense of self, and thus a falling apart of one's identity and sense of personal coherence. Fragmentation of one's inner experience is a natural result.
At the same time dissociative symptoms interfere with the desired „normal" participation in life and a coherent development of one's biography. The individual attempts to get life on track and feel normal. But the person is haunted by autonomic inner workings that are beyond one's will power and control. Shame, embarassment, and social withdrawal results. A vicious circle of fighting yourself and directing aggression to your own inner workings sets in. Consequently, vitality for your own reaching out for life is lost.
In these teaching seminars we will familiarize ourselves with a theoretical and practical understanding of dissociative phenomena. We will try to access this special inner and outer mode of perception, and learn first steps into the uncharted inner territory of the often very stable and reliable defense systems of a person. We will try to enable wholeness, coherence, positive reaching out, as well as consideration of essential needs of the people we work with.
What do we learn?
- Exploring attitude and approaches to meet a person where she cannot meet herself (self-phobia)
- Exploring the context and autoprotective function of automatic defense responses
- Deal with aspects of self-phobia that plays out in attachment issues, self-relational avoiding strategies, affect phobia or interpersonal shyness and withdrawal and other classical dissociative symptoms.
- Deepening skills of meeting the unmeetable
- Learning about the ignorance, fragility, and control in dissociative systems
- Learning to appraise contact and connection systemically.
Therapists and people in social professions with a background and practical experinece in trauma work. This is not a beginner seminar. If in doubt contact organizer or Johannes B. Schmidt for inquiry.
Termin01. März 2021 – 27. April 2021
Modul 1: March 1 - 3, 2021
Modul 2: April 26 - 28, 2021
1. Tag: 09.30 – 13.00 Uhr und 14.30 – 17.30 Uhr
2. Tag: 09.30 – 13.00 Uhr und 14.30 – 17.30 Uhr
3. Tag: 09.30 – 13.00 Uhr und 14.30 – 16.00 Uhr
Early Bird till 15/10/2020:
- 1800 € VAT excluded - (2178 € VAT included)
Normal Price as from 16/10/2021:
- 2200 € VAT excluded (2662 € VAT included)
Included in the price: all lunches, breaks and drinks during the day
- Till 4 weeks before the start of the seminar: 50% of the amount is due.
- Up to 4 weeks before the start of the seminar 100% of the amount is due
- Please mind: Cancellation policy applies irrespective of your reason for cancellation
Anmeldung und Information
Ann-Kasra Van Rompaey
Leopoldstraat 40 bus 3
+32 (0)495 51 78 99